oo I also get to break out magenta colors hello

Eyes lit with star-kissed fire
A touch taking me higher
I want to feel alive

Iris
Lovely Friend

Hades | I am the End.

Post by Iris » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:14 pm

i. Hadesxxxxxii. Malexxxxxiii. 6'xxxxxiv. Greek Pantheonxxxxxv. God of the Dead and of Wealthxxxxxvi. King of the Underworld

The eldest son of titans Cronus and Rhea, Hades was consumed by his power-hungry father soon after his birth. It was a fate all but one of his siblings would meet, and when his youngest brother, Zeus, finally came of age, Cronus was tricked so that Hades was freed with his siblings. The long years that followed saw the Titanomachy, a bloody ten-year war between the titans and the Olympians for dominion over the universe. The war was eventually won by the Olympians and their allies, and domains were then divided by Cronus' three sons. While his brothers took control of the sky and the seas, Hades became King of the Underworld. Unlike his siblings and the other Olympians who would spend varying degrees of their time on Mount Olympus, Hades would rarely visit the divine land, instead resigning himself to his own domain deep within the earth. He could easily go centuries without leaving the Underworld, watching over his subjects with only the company of the few living attendees of his kingdom and the visitors he allowed. Hades had the temperament for his rule, as he was stern and unyielding to most, incapable of being moved by sacrifice or prayer, yet he wasn't substantially if ever motivated by arrogance, wrath, or lust, as his brothers so often were. Rather, he took his domain and his responsibility within it seriously, and for his very nature, wasn't thought of fondly by the other gods or by mortals. Along with being the god of the dead, Hades was the god of wealth, as within his domain laid the gems and precious metals of the earth. Much of his time was spent within the silver and gold walls of his elaborate palace deep within his kingdom, a place that could only be found by others if Hades allowed it. When not there he would be most often found with Cerberus, his multi-headed guard dog that both gods and men alike would fear.